Introducing PLT4M’s new and improved registration! Here’s what’s new:
- Simplified registration: We’ve minimized the number of steps required for students to create an account in PLT4M.
- Single Sign On (SSO) options: Offering the ability to register and login with existing google or apple accounts.
- Rostering through ClassLink: the ability to create a roster in PLT4M via ClassLink
View the improved New Student Registration process below:
- When new students arrive at the login screen, they’ll want to toggle over to the tab that says Register.
- Students will be prompted to enter their Join Code, select that they are not a robot, and click Submit.
- Students will have the option to select the Register with Apple or Register with Google options. Once they’ve selected a single sign on option, they’ll be asked to select the email they’d like to register with.
- Students will be asked to enter the password for their Apple or Google account, unless the password has been saved on the device.
- Students will be prompted to enter registration details, and click Next.
- Students will have the opportunity to join any public groups in the account. Registration is complete when the student clicks Done.
- For future logins, the student will stay on the Sign In tab, and select their Single Sign On option. They’ll be logged directly into their PLT4M account!
What is Single Sign On (SSO)?
SSO is an authentication process that allows a user to log in to independent software systems with a single ID and password. Single sign-on allows the user to log in once (in this case, to Google or Apple), and access their PLT4M account without re-entering authentication factors.
Can both Staff and Students use Single Sing On (SSO) to log into PLT4M?
Yes, the SSO option is available to staff AND students.
Can I use Single Sign On (SSO) if I already have a PLT4M account?
Yes! Anyone with an existing PLT4M account can utilize the SSO option as long as you have a gmail or apple email address associated with your PLT4M account. If you have a gmail or apple account, but created your PLT4M account using a different email, you can edit the email associated with your PLT4M account on the Account Information page.